INFO for VOLUNTEERS -
- YOU are important – this would not happen without you!
- Come in the ramp downstairs– go to kitchen, check in with food coordinator Patricia Landinez Vasquez, put on name tag
- Patricia will direct you as to what is needed each day, but the list below gives an idea of the jobs to be done
- Put chairs down, wipe tables
- Arrange coolers on table ready to serve food directly from coolers
- Prepare ice water and lemonade in dispensers
- Prepare and/or put out snack for adults only
- Wait outside to help unload the food for the day when it is delivered
- One person should be outside greeting people in the line
- As soon as food is out and we are ready – open door on Martin Luther King side (around 11:55)
- Begin serving - there will be five items, participants may choose one from each category - not two of the same! They may choose three to five items, but they MUST take at least THREE
- Do a head count as participants are served (18 and under only)
- Help any moms with young children get food to tables, food may also be eaten at the picnic tables outside
- All food must stay on church grounds – except they may take home fresh fruits or veggies (according to federal guidelines, if they ask why, tell them these are government rules and we have to follow the rules to keep getting the food .)
- Food received from the federal program must be served only to those 18 and younger. We will be providing a light snack with church funds and hopefully, community donations. Some days, volunteers will help prepare a snack for adults which will be served the following day.
- If there is time, visit and talk with those eating - help them feel welcome
- Help all participants learn to clean up after them selves and dispose of their garbage.
- As children finish, they may exit by the door to the ramp to go home or to go to the playground.
- Serving ends around 12:30pm . On some days there will be after school program students coming in at 11:45am to eat from the same lunch program.
As participants finish eating – wipe tables, put chairs on tables, pick up/sweep any garbage on the floor, empty garbage cans, put in new bags,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!